Friday, June 12, 2009

Waking up in a colorful world

One of the greatest experiences of photoshop is that it is never really learned completely. There are so many little filters, brushes, dodads, and gizmos, that for the adventurous and curious artist in all of us, you are never really finished exploring. That experience is pushed even further when you add a few plugins like the one I used here. My origional attempt at this piece was to create an image that appears to be painted. I then turned the opacity of the effect down a bit, more so on the sky, and then brushed in a horizontal blur on the water to add more motion. I kinda like it :)

More to come perhaps in the next couple of days from my quick little trip to the keys. I took more snapshots that my usual fair of HDR brackets, but some of those snaps were under water! We'll see how those come out soon enough.

So, what's on the agenda for the week? We'll for me, we have a little wedding to light at the Breakers tomorrow then it slows down (actually crashes hard) until mid July. I hope to elaborate on that soon as think it requires a more substantial post. The beginning of the week will find me moving to a different unit in my building. Should be an easy move as its down one floor and on the other side of the building. More on that later too.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: