Sunday, June 21, 2009

Living in isolation - Iceland (and a Happy Fathers Day)

As the end of another Fathers Day creeps up on my, and my little munchkin is fast asleep, its time to reflect on the day. A day spent with her is another chance to create a memory, an opportunity to cement a lifelong relationship. I think I'm doing a pretty good job at that too! I seem to realize this more and more as the days go on. My tunnel visioned drive to reach frequent goals in my career at times seems to be taking a back seat to this. I am sure that is what my dad was trying to do in my early years, I am sure of that. I just sometimes wish, on days like today, that I could understand why he seemed to drift so far away from us in the later years. I am not even sure if he knew that he was doing it. Why didn't I ask him when he was alive? It sure would be nice to chat about that now, not to confront him of course, but just to get in his head. His life was taken too early. Miss you dad :(

No comments: