Monday, June 1, 2009

A look into the deep swamp


A look into the deep swamp, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

Alright, it wasn't a deep swamp actually.....I just wanted it to look that way! This little series of images were all taken one late afternoon while working on an event up around Ocala here in Florida. This area in central Florida is well known for its natural springs. Just after breaking the crew for a long dinner break, I decided to high tail it to the nearest one called "Rainbow Springs." I probably create a little too much undo stress on myself when heading out on these little outings. To arrive late, scout the area, and come away with several pieces of quality work...or in this case "blog worthy" work is a bit of a stretch, but I guess that's all part of what keeps me striving for the best in me.

Boy, that was just alot of nothing wasn't it?

Aannnyway, the effect I decided to apply here was one that I hoped to convey age and distress. Perhaps as you might see an image in a text book from 60 or 70 years ago. Or perhaps, a picture on a really old dish towel from your Grandmothers house.

Below are a few more from that little trip as well. Tomorrow, a few images from the event

Along the path

Before heading out on our break and while making my rounds on the golfcart (a life safer on this gig), I noticed these shadows painting a nice pattern on the sidewalk. You know, we create this effect with our stage lights all the time, but sometimes it more powerful to see Mother Nature" create it for you.


Top of the hill at Rainbow Springs

Just after arriving at the Springs, it appeared that I had almost the whole place to myself! Over the hill and past the entrance gate is this initial view to the park. There was a tremendous range of light here....much too much for my camera sensor to capture in one click. HDR to the rescue! For me, however, a more modest tone processing technique was the the approach I decided to take on this one. I love to "wack out" the colors just like the next guy, so sometimes its a challange to pull back the reighns, but I think it really worked here.


Path to the overlook

I found this boardwalk to be more of a subject than what was at the end of it. Hmmm, kinda makes you wonder what WAS at the end of it doesn't it?


Waterfall in Rainbow Springs

I am sure that the recent rain that we have been blessed with has turned this little guy into quite a monster of a waterfall by now! 

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me for my little trip here. Tomorrow, like I said, I'll post up a few images from the event that we were fortunate enough to be a part of :)

No comments: