Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Look what I found!


Look what I found!, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

I don't care how many times I visit this incredible city, the desire to wander about the grounds at the Eiffel Tower (or Tour Eiffel as its known over there) never diminishes. I haven't scene it yet, but according to PLSN (a local trade publication for the lighting industry), this famous monument in Paris has been lit since October with more than 400 LED fixtures to mark its 120 year anniversary. I can only hope that the programming has been done tastefully. I am sure, being French, that restraint has been coupled with elegant style. The last thing the world needs, in my humble opinion, is another beacon of illumination slapping rather haphazardly thru the visible spectrum of light like a cheap imported souvenir! I'm just say'in.........

No comments: