Saturday, December 26, 2009

End of the Christmas Day (and a little reflection)

So here we are.....the end of another day. Not just any day, but Christmas Day, a day meant to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Seems like the real meaning has been a bit watered down over the past 2009 years, don't ya think? Guess I tend to be the a bit forgetful myself. I was reminded of this as I clicked thru the library of images of a few cathedrals on my laptop this evening. I posted a few below. I have so often just kinda blazed into these houses of worship in hopes of capturing the details but yet, never really stopping to feel the presence of the one that the house is built for. With that in mind, it feels good to have allowed myself to do just that last night!

Merry CHRISTmas everyone :)


A church in Boston (I need to start taking better notes)

Interior of somewhere

Lutheran Church

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Isn't it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for - I don't know what exactly, but it's something that you don't mind so much not having at other times. _Kate L. Bosher

Found this quote yesterday, and this morning I see this wonderful blog of yours...Thought they went together. Awesome photographs Mike. they captured beautifully the spirit and reflection of the "end of Christmas day"...Blessings Bro.