Friday, December 11, 2009

Along the banks in Varenna in Lake Como, Italy

A longtime goal of mine has always been to spend the summers in Europe. Sure, I've been there a few times, seen alot, backpacked from Norway to Greece and just about everywhere in between, but what I mean is more of a total immersion. One of my dreams has always been to have an apartment in Paris. This would be a great place to use as a base to explore all of Europe! Perhaps a rental unit somewhere along the Seine....you know, in one of those penthouse floor to ceiling window units on the top floor somewhere between the Isle de Cite' and the Musee de Orsey. Or perhaps a lofty space over looking a quiet courtyard or street in Le Marsay or Saint Germain dePris. By the way, I am quite sure I totally hashed the correct spelling of all of those places.

On my last trip over there, I was lucky enough to find another jewel. Although its really no secret, the lake region (as seen above) is a great region to get away from the hustle and bustle of nearby Milan and Florence. This little port village of Varena was a great little home base to explore the lake area from. Hmmm, I guess I'll have to get a little villa here too! I wonder if its a buyers market over there now? LOL!

No comments: