Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chasing God Beams in Iceland


Chasing God Beams in Iceland, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

"Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest of chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey." - Pat Conroy

There are a few pieces of musical art that trigger a memory, a flashback to a time and place when all I could do was consume the beauty in front of me. I treasure the acute cinematic experiences I have allowed music to help create for me while exploring parts of this beautiful world. My travels in Iceland were no exception. I was introduced to an artist called Jami Sieber by Trey from Stuck in Customs. Her incredible blend of drama and mystery created with the electric cello was a great travel companion for me as I explored this vast and unique landscape. Thanks for helping me to see this new place with a cinematic pair of eyes Jami! Check out a link to some of her sounds below:




A rough life for a warehouse on the edge of Iceland

Another church on the hill - Iceland

No comments: