Monday, December 21, 2009

Up near Ricoletta in Buennos Aires

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." - Jawaharial Nehru

Wandering about.......I gotta tell ya, sometimes thats what I seem to do best. In this fast paced, time everything to the minute society we seem to find ourselves a part of (and trapped in at times), I have to admit, I crave that feeling of wanderlust quite often. Seems like I allow myself to embrace this most when I am out of the country. On this particular evening, the sounds of the Argentineans were the beacon and the camera my guide. Wandering in and out of alleys between tents housing vendors, I slowly and inquisitively approached the top of the hill. The scents in the air from the food stalls, old natives selling handmade crafts, the laughter of children romping about, ...... all setting the scene for a memory eternally and cinematically embedded in my mind. This is the gift given to the visiter that chooses not to see a new place as a tourist, but as a traveler.

No comments: