Sunday, December 6, 2009

Up to Montmartre' - Paris, France

I've often heard a few critiques talk about HDR photography as if its a fad. Hmmm, yeah, just like the impressionistic paintings in France were originally seen as. The only difference in todays internet age is how this fast this new look has spread. A passing fad? No, I think not. A technique that artists of the future will continue to explore, create with, and expand......you bet. I'd lay a nice size stack of cash on that one. There is no one that understands that more that the HDR guru himself, Mr. Trey Ratcliff from Stuck in Customs.

Check out his stuff at: www.stuckincustoms.com/2009/12/06/where-the-impressionist...



And while I'm chatting a bit about artists...and specifically about art it Paris.....here is a little clip of the one and only Jami Cullum jammin to a cut off his new album in, .......well,...... Paris!

4 comments:

Catalin said...

It seems that all of us that do HDR on a constant basis have to defend from time to time this technique. While I see the point that there is a lot of crap HDR out there, I completely agree with you about HDR being here to stay.

Helge said...

The important thing with a picture, is that whoever sees it will want to see twice or more. You look twice with a HDR image. Beautiful image.

Unknown said...

I love your HDR work - to be honest it's some of the best I've seen so far and I take inspiration from it.

I am an HDR baby... just a beginner and I have so much to learn but I love it. I will find more time to work with it this winter.

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

That scene in Montmarte is breathtaking. I'm diggin' your HDR!