Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nighttime fountain play in Boston (and a link to a video with a special message)

My little image of this fountain in Boston has waited patiently and quietly in the "to post someday" file. I've stared at it many a times and thought....na, not today. I like it when I can tie an image together with a thought....or in tonight's case, a message. Read on.....

Water....wow, something most of us take for granted. In fact, we have more than we need for the most part and don't even consume half of what we are all supposed to. It is a stark reality, however, that a lot of the world is not so fortunate.

I am linking you to a video here and embedding a copy on my blog. If you get a chance, take the time to view it.



While attending a service this morning that, for some reason or another, I had felt a strong urge to attend, I was slapped a bit about the message. (To put things in perspective here, I can count on one hand the times I have actually gone to church this year) That doesn't really have anything to do with the story, but just painting a picture here. For some unknown reason, I felt a strange urge to attend.

They opened the service with this short little clip. (You really should stop for a few seconds and watch it.....really) I decided to google the video to see if there was more online, and bingo, there it was. I'm not here to push a belief, but the theme is quite powerful. Several messages actually. How so many in this world are without some of the basic needs absolutely amazes me! I mean....clean water!!!

Seriously, watch it a couple of times. It just might change you.....

Dig a little deeper into their site. Can one incredibly rich country make a difference? I think so!

No comments: