Sunday, July 19, 2009

Son et' Lumiere Sunday - General Session Lighting Looks

This weeks Son et' Lumiere or Sound and light Sunday actually finds me on location. The summer season is usually the quiet one here in South Florida, but as luck would have it, I have three weeks of up and coming work. This week finds us on an event providing lighting for a corporate meeting and evening events for a company in the beauty industry. Our load-in today was quite smooth. Upon my initial walk into the ballroom here at Turnberry in Aventura, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my crew had already dumped the truck and were well on their way to organizing the sea of cases into organized areas. Ah yes, off to a great start!. Soon after the 8AM call for lighting and rigging, the audio and video trucks showed up. As this well oiled machine progressed thru the next 4 hours, the ballroom floor was cleared for the scenic and decor crew. An afternoon of touch up, cleanup, and patching took us to an on time dinner break. After dinner, a quiet lighting focus in a calm room void of all other departments. Just the way I like it! We even got a jump start on the install for tomorrow nights party lighting in another ballroom as well.

All in all, a great start to a great week. It was good fun working with my crew again. I am fortunate to have them join me on this one!

The shot above, or collage of images, is actually from the same clients meeting at this venue from 5 years ago. Wow, how time flys!

I am quite passionate about these events for the beauty industry as the producers create a very synergetic and creative environment to design in. As a creative eye in the look of the event, I am once again looking forward to the process over the next couple of days.
Events like these remind me of why I have been doing it for so long! More to come :)

No comments: