Sunday, July 26, 2009

Son et' Lumiere Sunday - An event from the past, but memories for a lifetime

Welcome once again to Son et' Lumiere Sunday - My weekly visit to the industry I have been proud to be part of for the last 25 years or so. This week has me in kind of a thoughtful moment. While up here in Boston on a show, I had quite a realization while chatting with one of the team from our show. I say team, because, thats exactly what it is. A TEAM that, for this particular project, is just here for the week, but working for a client on an annual show for the last 20 years! Indeed, an accomplishment in and of itself.

My image here is from an event from a few years ago, and actually, not from Boston. HDR, photoshop, tricks of the digital age,....all of that takes a back seat to the meaning this image has to me. Aside of the fact that this was a pretty freakin cool event to work on....... a week to load in, a 32' ceiling in a black box sound stage, close to home, my stellar crew, ......it was just another day that I was able to walk away from my job and be quite proud of what I was a part of. But there is something that takes a front seat to all of that, and that is a recognition from a client for my passion for a flawless event, design, and attention to detail. That understanding of my "Passion" and opportunity to allow me to express it is what has given me the feeling of never having to feel like I am going to work. Indeed, when you can create an environment in your life that allows you to feel like you are never working, its a great feeling.

So, as I mentioned, I was discussing this with a long time colleague on this show in Boston, and I realized something once again. As you continue to propel yourself to be the best you can be, the company you keep is such an important part of that. When working around industry pros, the synergy created pulls the best out of you. Its a great energy to tap into! I can only say, quite humbly I might add, that I am quite fortunate to have been able to tap into the creative minds over the past few years that I have. This is what I feel has been one of the key reasons I strive to be the best that I can be, and I thank you all for that! (and you all know who you are!!!)

No comments: