Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rainy night at dusk at the new docks - West Palm Beach, Florida

I have done a lot of wandering, indeed miles and miles of bumbling about exploring new city's both here and abroad. As our own city of West Palm Beach continues to transform and re-brand itself, I hope that the traveler to this evolving city shares that passion. The waterfront scene along Flagler is now in the early stages of a complete overhaul complete with temporary boat docks, pedestrian paths, and unique access to the beautiful intracoastal views of Palm Beach. I've read a few negative blurbs about the use or lack there of regarding the new additions, but my view is quite the opposite. First off, its kinda nice to have a little space to enjoy a stroll, but the reality is the project isn't finished! Why are some people so obsessed with immediate results. Let the project run its course I say! Rest assured, when this area is finished, Downtown West Palm Beach's waterfront will a destination in and of itself, and I can think of no better way to invest out tax dollars than improving this wonderful asset we have down here. Build it, and they will come they say.......well, I'm already here....and loving it! My thanks to our local politicians with the vision to make it happen.

Water drops on the lense and loosing light, time to pack it up! - new docks in West Palm Beach, FL

Of course, if I start getting hassled about using my tripod there, I just might have to recant all of this (hehehe). An early evening rain laid a perfect film of water down to catch some nice reflections this particular night.

Wispy amber clouds

I guess you can say that I have really had my head in the clouds recently. Sometimes I even find it hard to stay focused on the road while driving......not a god thing! Sure it might evoke feeling of calmness, serenity, and peacefulness to some, but the moment I start to see the beautiful light start to paint the sky, I feel a need to fly out the door....camera in hand.....to "chase the light." Strange but true!

1 comment:

Captain Kimo said...

wow! looking good love some of the details in the first photo.