Friday, May 1, 2009

On the way to the Blue Lagoon

About 6 hours after landing in Iceland, I was asked if I wanted to be part of the groups trip to a very special spa called the "Blue Lagoon." This geothermal spa located about 47KM from Reykjavik (by the way, I need to look at how to spell that about 4 times as I type it!) has been voted by Conde Nast Traveler as the best medical spa worldwide. Mind you, I just learned that little tidbit as I glance over the brochure!

The temperature is from 98 to 102 deg F while the lagoon holds about 6 million gallons of geothermal seawater which is renewed every 40 hours. (once again, from the brochure....)

So, I won't bore you with anymore details.....just that it was awesome and I was quite happy to be included with the team. A great start to a week thats for sure!

2 comments:

Joanna Lee said...

Wow...it looks mystical and mysterious! Very cool!

Richard Haber said...

Mike,

I love the way the blue color glows from below in your photograph. The water looks inviting, did you go in?