Friday, May 22, 2009

Dappling light over the falls in Colorado

Sometimes the best thing about this blog for me is the constant reminder of how lucky I am. Sure, I've worked pretty damn hard for a long time, but every once in a while, a really sweet gig pops out of nowhere. Last year, I was asked if I wanted to head to the Democratic and the Republican Conventions. My job at the one for the Dems. in Colorado was to be my clients rep in a media lounge......a super cake gig. Although not a real challenge like I usually enjoy and strive for, there were HUGE opportunities to trek about Denver and explore for a week in the off hours. Having driven about a bizillion miles, I have NO IDEA where this one was captured, but I remember it quite vividly. The sounds of the cool rushing water, the birds in the trees, the smell of the great outdoors, the brisk thin air of the mountains...... yeah, I'm pretty lucky sometimes! For all of you that have given me these opportunities over the years.....I sincerely thank you :)

1 comment:

Richard Haber said...

Mike,

You have an ability to show us scenes in ways that we would never be able to see them, even if (and even when) we were there right next to you.

I have a love / hate relationship with your work: I love it because it inspires me to push myself to get better, to try and learn how to convey those feelings of that moment in a way that a stranger will feel them; I hate it because it keeps showing me how much farther I need to take my work before it too will come up to that level of vision, art and ability.

I appreciate the opportunity I have had to meet you and to follow your work through this blog.

Thanks for sharing your artistic journeys with us.