Friday, January 9, 2009

St. Paul's in Saint Paul


As I wandered around in one of the most majestic cathedrals I have seen outside of Europe, it was hard to get a vision out my head. Just as I walked up the front stairs, I noticed the chaos starting to unfold just down the road. In sharp contrast to the calm, etherial, and serene feeling inside of The Cathedral of Saint Paul was a somewhat out of control mob scene growing down at the bridge protesting the Republican speeches of the evening. Rumor had it that a few were attempting to break into the Convention Center that evening. Although I was in awe of this beautiful space, there was definitely an adventurous and curious side of me that wanted to head into the thick of it like a war photographer. Well, the more cerebral side of me won over and so I bring you this. Hope you like :)

No comments: