Monday, January 19, 2009

Democratic Convention Media Village


As I check out the latest coverage of the Inaugural Events, I really feel out of the loop! Sure, we are working on a local event.....quite a sizable private celebration none the less....but not quite like being in Washington. For me, its easy to recall fondly, my involvement on the last Inauguration.

I was there to design and oversee the lighting for a couple of events. There is nothing really like working on anything that the President is involved in. I have had the good fortune of lighting him at least 8 times. I must admit that the tension, stress, energy, and excitement that is in the air is quite intoxicating. To say that I miss it is kind of an understatement. All that being said, I wish the best to all involved and hope the event go off as planned.

Since I couldn't find any images worth a damn from four years ago, I present this one. While working on the DNC this summer (in a very small capacity I might add), this center gathering area in the secure media village area always seemed to come alive at sunset!

One more thing, let's all give this administration a few months to get kicking in before the criticism starts. The world has enough negative energy floating around doesn't it? Try focusing on what you can do and how you can be more responsible. Here's to the next 4 years!

No comments: