Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sunset at the Oasis


Sunset at the Oasis, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

In light of the fact that there were probably a million sunset images uploaded today, I present to you this....sunset image one million and one :)

I kept this one a bit real for ya. HDR processing tends to bring out detail in the lights and in the extreme shadows. Sometimes however, its kinda nice to keep those shadow details hidden. In this shot, there really wasn't too much of a payoff to linger in the depths of the foreground shrubbery. Taken during an HDR workshop I was on last week in Austin by Trey Ratcliff. Hope ya like!

By the way, here's a link to the post he did a couple of days ago as a wrapup. I must say that my image stream got about 6 times the normal view count for that day and the next. Wow, very powerful!

Stuck in Customs - Workshop

A special thanks to my stellar crew for the hard work this weekend (as I subtly shift gears to the event lighting world). We rocked out a couple of events over on the Island (I just love saying that) in Palm Beach at MaraLago and The Breakers Hotel, and as always, it was a pleasure working with them and I really appreciate the effort. Look for a few images over the next few days.

Till then, have a great weekend :)

No comments: