Monday, January 4, 2010

Arles France - In the footsteps of Van Gogh

Although I have never been much of a fan of Van Goghs work (he might not have been much of a fan of mine either, now that I think of it!), I had to explore a few of the locations that inspired his work since I was in Provence. I did, however, enjoy hearing a few stories about the life of this famous artist. Quite a character indeed!

Here in Arles, along the seawall of the Rhone, was where the great artist painted his famous "Starry Night over the Rhone." Here's a link to it:
www.imagekind.com:80/Starry-Night-over-the-Rhone-c_art?IM...

You know, its sad that so many of these great visionaries were never even appreciated by the masses or art collectors during the artists lifetime. Just another testament of the fact that passion instead of profit is quite often the drive behind the artists work.

No comments: