Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunset at the Oasis (or at least what I saw!)

Sometimes, it kinda hits me. I am in essence coloring. Yes, a 45 year old with a coloring book and an endless supply of crayollas, proudly displaying a picture of the day he wants to show off! In this case, the refrigerator I choose to hang the image on is actually a bit larger and complicated. Perhaps, thru creating tagging, tweeting, facebooking, or linking, the fridge has a larger and more exotic audience, but in essence, its all the same. We all, (I am assuming of course) crave attention. Without an audience at all, the artist and creator has a deeper need to please himself, and thus will continue to create his work without this audience, but deep down...way deep down, is still a need to be recognized and appreciated. So, with all that said, here's what I drew with my crayons today.....hehehe. I hope your day was this colorful!

A special thanks to Trey Ratcliff from Stuck in Customs (google it, you'll find it) for the wonderful Texas hopsitality. His HDR workshop was all that I hoped it would be. I was proud to be part of the experience! Thanks :)




And, as is so often that case, a little taste of the music that I listened to as I was.....ummm......coloring :)

1 comment:

Drew Dedo said...

The commentary and then the added touch of music.... Brilliant! Incredible photo and I like what you did with your crayons, LOL. Awesome depth in the picture and very soothing.