Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reflections of a trip to the Cabins at Disneyworld

I must admit, I have been pretty lucky to have had the opportunity for the last 25 years to have a career that I embrace with such passion. The travel opportunities that have come as a result of this have not gone unappreciated either, as I have quite a deep attraction to the feeling of wanderlust. As Anthony Bourdain has so eloquently said "Its a big world out there....I want it all!"

So this week, my work as an event lighting designer has me on the road as well......not far from home, but still on the road. Great crew....good food....great location! Although I am at the fantastic Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes here in Orlando, my thoughts this evening have my mind on a recent trip up here. As I hear the kids slashing about in the opulent pool about 11 stories below my open door, I fondly remember a trip up here with 2 people that mean the world to me. (My mother and wonderful daughter) We stayed at the Disney Wilderness Cabins (pictured above). Great place to stay if you are ever looking for a unique campground style setting. Make sure and get a golf cart though. Kids love it! Good times, ....yeah, good times indeed!

No comments: