Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A moment taken at the train station in Nice, France

As is often the case, my evening post becomes somewhat of a reflection about the day. A personal blog allows that freedom. Sure I have a few prints that I link to if you are interested, but the real fuel that drives this time of recollection has nothing to do with promotion. We all see enough of that throughout the day in a variety of ways. No, these posts are for the most part quite personal. Hey, if your here, thats cool......thanks for listening :)

I started thinking a bit about a quote I posted on Facebook today. It's really quite a simple one.... "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain". Wow, I mean, how true is that! How much do we all need to live by that today. It seems like everyone is in some way waiting for everything to get better, complaining about the economy, and waiting for things to get back to the way they were. Perhaps this is really a wake up call to refocus on what we all have at the moment, or as my sister likes to say "Living in the now" (I love that one too Lori!) Your reality is all you make of it....no matter what the conditions of the outside world are.

I guess it all really has a lot to do with perspective. When I originally arrived at this station, my own perspective was completely different than when I chose to slow down and notice the details a couple of days later. Arriving a few minutes early, before the train was to leave to a small town I was visiting, allowed me to stop and slow down. It was at that moment that I was able to appreciate the incredible beauty that was around me.....beauty that for what ever reason I choose not to see upon my arrival a couple of days earlier. Rushing into the town, watching my back, stressing about how to get out of the station, avoiding the professional pickpocketers outside the station,.........essentially waiting for the storm to pass. I'm just glad I took the time to go back and dance in the rain :)

No comments: