Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflecting on the day in Paris

After hitting the ground running for a couple of days in Paris, I gotta admit, it was kind of refreshing to just kick back and appreciate the moment. For some reason on this past trip, I had built up a bit of unnessecary stress before I had arrived. I mean, who sets out on a vacation with a "shot list" of locations and subjects they want to capture?! I mean, thats taking art to an extreme. After a bit of readjusting my focus, attitude, and goals (yes, I still had goals...even on vacation!), while having a cold beer at the top of the Printemps overlooking the incredible Parisian skyline, things just started to fall into place. Yeah, life is good....real good!

If I ever get arround to it, I have hundred of images to work on. Of course, expanding my body of work was a big part of this artistic retreat, but I think I just hit it a bit hard from the start. More to come over the next few weeks and months.

Speaking of art by the way, I was quite excited to receive an email today that I was one of 2 artists that were showcased in Imagekind's "Artist of the day" today. Kinda cool, I must humbly admit :) If you are interested, I link to that site below here on flickr or on the right panel in the blog.

Cheers to a great weekend!

No comments: