Friday, October 9, 2009

A cool evening in Boston


A cool evening in Boston, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

After another scorcher here in South Florida, I must admit that I am a little jealous of our friends to the North. While up in Boston a little while ago, I wandered about the city (which I am SURE at this point is about 30 degrees cooler than down here.....did I mention that it was hot down here?) and found this typical scene down around Beacon. Actually, I have no idea where I took this, that just sounded kinda cool.

Aaaannnyway....

Getting back to this heat and humidity, its almost like the only place to avoid the heavy moisture is the shower! Its worse than Singapore arround here. I know what your saying, last night I mentioned how important it is to live in the now. Ok then, right now, I would love it to be cooler down here.....is that better?

Geez Mike, relax! This too shall pass. Get a grip here!

Oh yeah, one more thing. I went to a special events industry social this evening to mainly photograph some work of a friend and colleague. It was nice, however, to run in to a few familiar faces. Its nice to catch up every once in a while, recall past events, and brainstorm about new strategies. Realizing that we are all together in these challenging and unpredictable times makes it seem a little easier to except I guess. On a more positive note, I somehow feel that this is a great time for opportunity. After a few conversations with the collective creative talent that our industry includes, I feel there are exciting times ahead for all of us!

No comments: