Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The New Fontainebleau Hotel


On a recent site survey and meeting at the All Newly Renovated Fountainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, I couldn't help but try to capture some of the "feel" of this hotel. We have been doing events, every now and then, for the last 20 years here. What a dramatic change for the better. Very hip, cool, slick, and South Beach. Certainly not the old crusty hotel I remember thats for sure!

I decided to post these as we are doing an event there this weekend. As was the case at the gig I posted last night, we have a severely limited window between when the morning session meeting ending and the doors opening for our event. Nothing like looking forward to an afternoon of acute stress and chest pains! Hahaha!

Anyway, check out the following images from the lobby and new pool area. I hope to catch a few more this week when I am down there this week :)

Poolside at the new Fountainblue
Near the South Tower and valet area, they have these huge doors that open up to the new pool area. What a great day for swim!
A place to chill
Just down the steps from the old Grand Ballroom is a pretty funky "chill out" area near the North lobby. A perfect candidate for the 10mm fisheye lense. Incidently, the new name for the renovated ballroom is called the Sparkle Ballroom......a nice name for a fresh look.
Out by valet
Just after I captured the pool area, I did a 180 to capture this as the valet was bringing the car up. Not sure how all the pink got in this shot during my processing, but oh well, you get the picture :)