Sunday, August 23, 2009

Visions of a Journey


Visions of a Journey, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

In sharp contrast to my post last night, this evening has my mind wandering off to a mysterious location. I guess sometimes living in the "now" means taking a moment to craft the future. I have been holding off planning a trip for myself up until now. Not sure why actually. I guess it kinda hit me when I saw a little news clip about the president off on his vacation. With all that he has on his plate, the leader of the free world even finds the value in "uplugging and recharging." More to follow soon on this I am sure.....

This little collage is my little impressionistic vision of sorts. While waiting for a train on one of Europe's many quant train station platforms a couple of years ago, I spent a little time trying to capture my feelings with the camera. I love to listen to great music as I travel. Quite often, the world seems to unfold in a cinematic explosion of visuals while music on the Ipod from Pat Methany, Lyle Mays, or some other great artist helps to melodically score the scene for me.

For me, there is something unique about train travel. I have allowed my mind to wander off to areas deeper than air traffic or driving a car could ever permit. A kind of special therapeutic journey I guess......if you let it be.....

These images, for me, are also a bit symbolic of the feeling you get while waiting for the train to arrive. A new location awaits, a fresh experience is about to unfold. Somewhat unclear of the exact details of what will occur, you are quite clear about one thing......you ARE living in the now.......

Good grief, what am I rambling on about, ....... time to get some sleep....

More on all of this later....

No comments: