Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sweating from the roof

Just finished day one in the warm Florida Keys. The welcome party at the Theater by the Sea was a success. Was kinda hot and muggy today. By the way, it only takes an 11.5 amp blender plugged in by a sneaky bartender into an outlet that he thought was his to blow half of the lights on the event deck area here. Why you ask......well, cause there are about 16 outlets on the same breaker! Niiiice. Whats a gig without that 11th hour scramble to find an engineer, sweating I might add. Did I mention it was hot. As this was happening, the guests were treated to a private showing of the dolphin show here. I am pretty sure there were fans over there. Nice cool water mister type fans. Ahh the breeze....let's stop and enjoy. While the show was happening, we touched up the lighting and sorted out the power challenges over at the terrarium, I mean event deck. Like they say, never let'em see you sweat. Oh, I think I mentioned this already, it was a bit warm today. All right, no kidding, it felt like 106 degrees today. Sweltering heat, no breeze, you get the picture. 

The following shots are from today. Didn't get alot of great ones as I was busy wiping the sweat from my camera. Seriously, did I mention it was hot? More on this event tomorrow! 



No comments: