Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ez in the South of France


Ez in the South of France, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

My travels usually find me loaded down with an excessive about of camera gear lately. The trek uphill to this little village in the South of France called Ez was no exception. Soon after I planted down the tripod legs for this shot of a little bit of "Old World Europe", I half expected the door to creek open. I envisioned an old French lady waving me off in a cranky old voice while simulating a motion of smacking me upside the head with a freshly baked baguette. Wow, that was really weird........geez!

So, now for something completely different....

If you get a chance to catch the Michael Jackson movie thats out, I highly suggest it. As someone that works in the live events industry, it was quite interesting to me. A great behind the scenes look at the magic behind creating a show. I must say, he really seemed like a sincerely devoted, passionate, and caring performer to work with. The movie portrayed a man with a real heart and compassion for all he worked with. Beyond the fact that the world missed out on what appeared to be an incredible show in the making, the real loss is the message that he was never able to communicate through his art. As he mentioned, this planet is hurting and its up to us, all of us, to do what ever we can before it is too late. Who knows how many people he could have effected with that show and the difference it may have made. Its sad that we will never know!

No comments: