Monday, November 9, 2009

Just outside the tent before the guests arrived

I gotta admit, I love to "get in the zone." Perhaps its just an escape, I'm not really sure. I like to think of it as more of a creative journey to a place that I am perhaps supposed to spend a little more time in than I allow myself. We all have those special places we allow ourselves to travel to I guess. Seems like the rushed pace of life sometimes prevents us from hanging out there too long though. For me, I visit that place when putting on the headset, cranking Itunes, and painting a bit with light. Wether it be a stage in a dark theatre or arena with the haze blasting as I program a few moving lights to cues to a dramatic score, or the comfort of my home studio as I paint a few lighting effects into an image of mine......the creative expression is quite similar.

With that in mind, I thought I would share a quick link to the music that I rode with as I worked on this image. I was introduced to the music of Jamie Cullum by a good friend of mine about a year ago. I tend to follow a small group of musical artists that I feel have an intense passion for their art, and Jamie has now been included as one of them. Incidentally, he has a new CD coming out, which I am certain will do well. Definitely an artist you will be hearing about for a very long time!

Anyway, check out this link for the clip I am listening to now. (on the blog, I'll post a link)



No comments: