Friday, November 7, 2008

Hanging out at the Freedom Flyer in Singapore


After our rehearsals were over, Rob, Steve, Allen, and I headed out to capture some of Singapore at night. This huge ferris wheel is very similar to the London Eye and I think it was put in to pull tourists to another area of the city. Actually, I have no idea why its there. We never went on it as we were too busy snapping away.

Our show was a success as always. I cant think of a better crew to work with. Actually, I don't think I should be using the word work. Its like hanging out with friends!

I have really made a point to get out and capture a lot on this short trip. I have at least 1000 shutter clicks from Little India, China Town, The Esplanade, Night Shots, Our Show, street shots, Temples, and more.

As I kind of mentioned already, this City/State is quite safe. I can honestly say that I have felt safer in this huge city than any city I have ever been to in my life.....including my own! What makes that even weirder is I haven't seen any police at all. A million security cameras....but no police presence. I wandered around last night till about 1AM with my camera without a single fear. Clean, safe, organized, vibrant, youthful, energetic, colorful, electric, and fast paced. All good things, but as a traveler seeking a taste of the Orient....kinda lame.

I like the "on the edge of your comfort zone" as a traveler of new places, so the idea of heading to Shanghai was a no brainer. The concierge here at the Shangra-La Hotel was able to get me a Visa in 2 days! Some of the guys left this afternoon, while Evan and I have a 7:30AM flight. The 5 hour flight will put me in downtown Shanghai, China at an area called "The Bund" by midday. That only gives me about 48 hours to explore this huge city, but I am up to the challenge.

More on all of this later....

No comments: