Monday, June 30, 2008

A walk in the Brazilian rain forest



"Mike, what is this? This does not look like your typical post. Where is the surreal over-saturated daily picture?"

Well, I decided to change it up a bit for a few days. It does however mean the following. 

#1, I am going down a path of no HDR images for a week. Those of you that follow my flickr stream know that HDR imagery is what I post the most. I love creating them, but want to take a little break. They do take a little bit of time to really get them the way I like them. I have a few in the vault for next week. Not sure what my I am going to post this week yet, more on that later. 

#2, the tread on my sketchers was not quite appropriate for this trail in Brazil. I was slipping all over this thing the other day. I must have looked like a buffoon. I literally fell on my ass 3 different times and saved about 5 or 6 other falls! Always fun when your carrying a D300! Was a nice walk, but man, did I feel like an idiot!

On more thing. My brother asked me upon my arrival what food the Brazilians are known for. I was at a complete lack of an answer. In fact, I guess I still am. They did have a lot of empanadas now that I think of it. An empanada is a pastry filled with various kinds of meat. Mystery meat in a pastry.....in essence....a Hot Pocket! I also recall an incredible bowl of soup from the hotel I stayed at my last night in Sao Paulo. The menu said "Traditional Brazilian Chicken Soup." It was indeed the best soup I have ever had. Those who know me well know me as a soup connoisseur or sorts. I have often been heard saying "once the soup course is over, the rest of the meal is a downhill ride." So Dave, I guess there you have it. Soup and hot pockets.....my favorite Brazilian meal!

No comments: