Sunday, June 6, 2010

Night sky at Raffies in Singapore

Alrighty now...

Here's another taste from the Singaporean buffet of images I have. Ok, that sounded kinda stupid.....but I continue....

I waited a bit outside of this rather cool hotel in Singapore called Raffes, or was it Raffies, or Raffles, definitely not waffles.....Aaannnnyway...

There was a lot to explore inside and my memory card proves it. I set up this shot just outside of the front valet area and tried to blend in. Kinda hard with a Nikon D3 and a huge Gitzo tripod, but I tried.

After a bit of processing the images in Photomatix and Photoshop CS4, I had a hard time getting rid of the incredible amount of popcorn sized noise nuggets in the sky, so I tried a different approach. I decided to mess around with a few textures that I combined together until I had a color and feel that I liked. I then used a little radial blur trick I picked up from Trey Ratcliff from Stuck in Customs, used a layer mask of just the sky (remember the noisy one that I wanted to get rid of), and then painted in my own little creation. Sure its fake, but its fun....and looks kinda cool I think!

Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

AFU said...

this is amazing work!well done