Saturday, June 19, 2010

Magic hour in West Palm Beach

We've all done it. Heart pounding as we race to a place to park the car. The suns dropping like a bowling ball. That light, that incredible light! Its fading fast...please wait till I get the shot!

Then of course, you glance at the LCD screen and think "thats not at all what I saw, where is that deep color, why is the sky blown out, how come I can't see the dark details?"

That is of course why I spend half my time creating the magic in the digital darkroom.

I can't do much about that fading light though. That will always continue to be a race! Unless of course if you are in someplace like Iceland in June, which is of course is exactly where my friend Trey Ratcliff is from Stuck in Customs. Six hour sunsets, hard to beat that!

No comments: