Friday, February 19, 2010

Waiting on a train in Avignon

The power of lavender.....

I had never bumbled about this part of France until last year. Provence. Great food, incredible wine, lavender fields, rolling vistas....there must be something to this place to have attracted many of the great artists and writers, and I wanted to find out.

While researching this area before I left, wonderful images of vast lavender fields seemed to dominate the collections. How silly of me to realize that they are in full bloom in the early summer...of course after I arrived in September!

My idea for tonight's image and post was sparked by a little routine that my daughter and I go thru. As is always the case when she is with me, out little ritual before her bedtime consists of using a little lavender pillow spray that I bought for her while in this region. She loves to spray this just before I read to her at night. Just before we dive into the story of the evening, we both lie there and breath in the scent a few times and clear our thoughts. What a great time of the day!

Anyway, just a silly little insight to tonight's search for the image. Hope you find you own ritual to share with your loved ones!

No comments: