Monday, February 15, 2010

After the Implosion


After the Implosion, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

As far as implosions go, I had no idea the artists that engineer this spectacle could execute it with such precision! Just after the building disappeared from the West Palm Beach skyline, my friend Kevin and I decided to do a little investigation of the area. I must say, within minutes, it seamed as it the pile of debris was neatly swept into its tiny little 45' tall pile quite literally in the center of what used to be 1515 Flagler Blvd. Damaged during the 2004 Hurricane Emily, this eyesore has been the poster-child of what bureaucratic red tape is all about. After this exhaustive process took its course, the developers were finally allowed to put it to rest.

For more images, check out the little collage below as well as the video I shot. Look for a few more images tomorrow!



The Implosion of 1515 Flagler - sequence of the art

No comments: