Sunday, February 14, 2010

A night of pink at the top of the Pointe

So, a first for me. I was actually able to see the lighting for an event we were doing this evening....from my apartment balcony! Kinda cool. See the pink on the top floor of the left building? Simple event with pink uplights and dancefloor lights, but still kinda fun to see from my balcony. I know, I'm a geek!

And now for something completely different.....

Check out the shots below. Could be some of the last images taken of the 1515 building on Flagler. As of tomorrow morning at 9AM, that puppy is coming down! FYI, its the tall and thin building that is stripped of all of its glory. Kinda sad actually. Not that it was any great masterpiece, but at one time, it was the result of countless hours of planning, design, engineering, financing, and of course....plain old hard work! Well, like I said, in about 8 hours, boom!

I hope to capture a few cool shots as my friend Kevin has hooked us up with a cool place to view it. Not sure what I will come up with as I have never had the chance to photograph an implosion. We'll see!



Last sunset for 1515 Flagler

Last night standing

No comments: