Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tour Eiffel


Tour Eiffel, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

As many times as I have seen it, its still quite difficult if not impossible to stop photographing it. Although I originally intended to pass it right up, I actually stopped and spent my first afternoon looking for new vantage points and angles to capture this most unique of structures. Incidentally, off to one side (I think it was the west side) beyond the little lake but before the park benches, was the largest gathering of French police I have ever seen. In addition to the 30 or so cars there were several out patrolling the area fully armed and ready to kick in to full attack mode. Still not sure what that was all about. And oh yeah, one more thing, has anyone actually ever bought one of those silly little LED Eiffel Towers from one of the thousand duffel bag totting Nigerian vendors? Just wondering.......

So, posting at 7:00AM......just another example of how I am STILL not over the jet lag :)

No comments: