Sunday, September 27, 2009

Honfluer - boats in the morning

For a little while now, my weekly Sunday posts have been about the industry I have happy to be a part of....Special Event Lighting. While entrenched in the pace of this unique field, I have found it quite rewarding to reflect back on events as we were doing them and share with the world. As I reflect on my post tonight however (hence the image above...get it, reflection....aaaahhh, never mind...) I realize that I'm just not feeling it now. With a questionable season coming up, I must admit I am a little concerned. I know I have posted and blogged a bit about this before, so I don't want to harp on about it as I am trying to focus on the positive. I am embracing the fact that perhaps all of this, as it related to me, is perhaps just another step in the evolution of my journey. There is a lot of change in the air lately, but with all this uncertainty, there are opportunity's. I must admit that it has been a bit exhilarating to embrace some of these new possibilities.

So, all that being said, as my involvement in the events world starts to pick up, I am sure that I will be posting from time to time about them. For now though, my Son et Lumiere Sunday posts are on temporary hiatus. I set out a few months ago to give myself a little structure in my posts, but I guess I am starting to hate the structure. I guess my free spirited side is winning this one. Time-lapse Tuesday, however, is gonna hang in there for a little while :)

So, anyway, this reflective image was originally captured from my trip to Europe in 2007. A year that I will always remember as a renaissance to my love of photography and yet my introduction to the world of digital art. As a "painter of light", this has been a great progression for me personally, and yet another way to express my passion for color, light, and texture.

Good grief, what the hell am I babbling about!

As always, more on all of this later.....

No comments: