Sunday, December 28, 2008

Private Party in Boca


As we start to load in our events for this New Years Eve, I guess its about time to get my head back in the game. I am sure I will be documenting at least one of these events so stay tuned. For now, however, I'd like to post a few from an event we did a few days ago. This first shot is from the cocktail area and the ice and seafood display that showed up in a surprise location at the last minute. "Quick guys, we gotta light this. Grab those 2 lighting trees and move them into here!" Not exactly the way I like to work, but thats the way it is sometimes in the event world. On a different note, I did everything in my power to keep from grabbing some of these yummy stone crabs!

Caos just before doors
The apparent look of scrambling and caos is, sad to say, real here. Since the hotel apparently booked an event down the hall, the guests arriving for that event were treated to my guys on a ladder focusing, chefs setting up food displays, bartenders clanging bottles as they set up their stations, and assorted other catering staff scrambling to get the space ready. A delicate and well rehearsed ballet this was not!

Room detail
The main room was set up in plenty of time to get a few room shots. A black room surround and glittery table cloths allowed lighting to be a star performer.

Glitz on the dancefloor
In addition to programable moving lights and the beams off of the huge mirror-balls, the dance-floor lit up from within.

Top O' da bubbly
Once again, when the room is set up, I seem to find infinite details to capture.

Colors and bubbly!


Fibre optics and color

No comments: