Sunday, September 14, 2008

Slide Scan Project : Somewhere in Greece


A couple of weeks ago, I decided to embark on another project. About 10 to 15 years ago, I took just about every summer off and traveled Europe. At that point, my company was really seasonal and I had the opportunity for about 5 years in a row. Just me, a backpack, a Eurail pass, and a rough plan...thats all I needed. Live low to the ground and travel.......good times. Anyway, I acquired quite a collection of images and slides from exploring about 15 or so countries from Scandinavia to Portugal to Greece and everything in between. So the project has basically been to review some of these images, scan some of the best, reprocess them using some techniques I have learned in the recent months, and share on my blog from time to time. Maybe this is a part of a late midlife crisis, not sure.....but its kinda fun to look back at memories. I do treasure these memories and the great people I met along the way!

This image was captured somewhere in Greece....I think. Looked like a great one to paint in some drama and texture. Enjoy!

No comments: