Monday, September 22, 2008

Pikes Place


As I arrived in Seattle, I was greeted with a cloudy sky and damp misty rain. After an incredible dinner of killer sushi, I hit the city with camera in tow looking for reflections. I have been to Pikes Place before and seen the ridiculous show of fish being tossed about. I liked it better like this!

I am now in Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands for a DLWS event. (Digital Landscape Workshop Series). The location is great, weather is fantastic, and had an 8 hour gathering where we got to mix it up and meet all the other participants as well as hear some incredibly inspirational talks from the instructors. The evening wrapped up at around 10PM. For the next 3 days, we head out to locations that they scouted for us for first light in the morning and last light of the day. This time, I am chasing the light.......but the location is already figured out! During the mid day sessions, we will be processing images and learning techniques.

More to follow!

1 comment:

Steve LaRose said...

ah... brings back memories..love that place.
If you are back in Seattle, go have a drink at Marco's Supper Club. Dinner is great there too.
If Marco or Jenny Mae are working... tell them you know me!