Thursday, July 31, 2008

Reeds by Chihuly



The client was nice enough to invite us crew to their event last night. The newly reopened De Young museum was theirs for the night. I was most impressed with the Dale Chihuly exhibit downstairs. He and his team of artists create some of the most incredible glass projects in the world. The mix of glass, color, light, and texture in this exhibit was incredible. It seems weird to take images of another artist work with the full intention of creating my own vision of it, but, here we are. I cranked out a few handheld exposures for this one as the tripod was back hanging out at the hotel.I have seen Dale Chihuly's work several times before, but this installation was phenomenal. The lighting was a major player in this piece especially. I would have loved to have spent a couple hours in here with a tripod and no people!

Here are a few more detail shots. Enjoy!


No comments: