Monday, July 7, 2008

A walk in the West Palm Beach Graveyard



I decided to visit this cemetery the same day my flight was canceled for Buenos Aires. It seemed to be a day to collect captures from locations I had put on the back burner for a while. While here, I captured quite a bit from my regular and infrared camera as well. This cemetery is a jewel for images as there are a lot of really old stones and the banyans create a nice contrast and background. Its kinda European in feeling there. The only downside is that it closes at about 3PM, before the best lighting! One oddity however is the condo that overlooks it. You can see it between the tree and the mausoleum in this shot. Not sure if I would want to plunk down $ 600K for a condo that has a view of a graveyard, but hey, that's just me.

This is another location I pass by almost every day and had never really given it any thought until I saw an image from from this Michigan based photographer named Shane. My inspiration to create this image was from one I saw in his collection. I like to give credit where credit is due. Here is the link to that image: www.flickr.com/photos/shanegorski/2495639790/ Thanks Shane.

No comments: