Monday, April 5, 2010

In a spiritual place - St. Pauls Cathedral

My posts of recent seem to find me searching through the ever deteriorating file of finished images in a desperate search for the "Image of the day." I guess this one works as this evening brings a close to one of the holiest days of the year for Christians.

I have designed, programmed, and operated lighting and effects for countless passion plays and church performances over the past 25 years. Today was no exception. I must admit, it doesn't matter how many times I run the ques, I can never quite make it thru the run of the play without viewing a portion of it thru tear filled eyes. When the synergy of the stage drama, music, sound, costuming, and lighting all come together in its beautiful harmonious blend, we're in the zone. Its with that passion that I embrace the art of "painting with light". How wonderful to be able to apply this gift with such a wonderful message. Thanks Robert and all the great folks at The Covenant Center for allowing me to be a part, once again, of such a wonderful presentation. I look forward to the next one!

No comments: