Thursday, August 14, 2008

Arch halls at Castle de Amorosa


I arrived at this winery on a whim. As I was getting to the end on road in Napa, I really wanted to get up high to get some scenics of the region. I took a rather quick left hand turn as a few rows of grapevines caught my eye, drove up the hill, and found this incredible castle. Castle de Amorosa was built not a few years ago with all of the bricks imported from Europe! I'm a little confused about something though. I thought that I would have taken took more images. This place was very "Old World Europe"....a photographic gem. I am sure I must have taken the time to capture it. Oh wait, that's right, I spent most of the time in the cellar.....tasting! There's always next time. :)

And now for something completely different. One would think that the Olympics and the impressive display of physical strength, determination, and focus of these athletes would kind of rub off on me. I mean, the workout room is within a stones throw of where I am sitting right now. Have I been working out? Well....., not so much. By the way, I wonder what Michael Phelps listens to on his Ipod?

More on all of this later....

No comments: