Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stopped for the light

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I took this (and few more) on one of my cross state trips. Those are always kinda freaky (for the traffic behind me) when I'm creeping along Route 60 or sometimes alligator alley, and while on the constant lookout for subjects, color, and light. I seem to be drawn to those scenes like a mouse to the pied piper. I get that way with music too. I guess thats why I am heading across state in the AM to see a concert that I saw not just 2 nights ago in Miami.

I have been a fan of Jamie Cullum ever since I heard him a little more than a year ago. Just the right mix of upbeat melodic jazz and blues performed with a youthful pop delivery (alright, a music critic I am not.

In the meantime, enjoy the clip from one of Jamie's performances and I'll try to bring home a few cool images from the trip.....cool?

No comments: