Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The intense color of Iceland


The intense color of Iceland, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

"I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within." - Lillian Smith

I frequently look to travel quotes to help express some of the deep feelings I have about this passion of mine. I've often taken the time to wonder about this. How or why I have taken such a liking to totally detaching from who I am to wander somewhat aimlessly in the world at times still eludes me.

I often play that mind game for fun. You know, the one where you wonder what you would do if you could do anything. Forget money, work, physical restraints, responsibility......freedom, total freedom. You are free to do with your life WHATEVER you want....starting tomorrow. What would you do. Really, what would you do. Who would you help, what would you create, where would you go, who would you spend time with, what would you want to see? Its fun, try it!

So, think about it.....are you on that path now? What steps are you taking to create those dreams? Are you taking the time to create those dreams? What's stopping you?

No comments: