Monday, January 18, 2010

A look at a Gala


A look at a Gala, originally uploaded by Photomike07.

So I got a call the other day from a perspective bride that found a few of my images via tags that ended up on google images. Looking for a lighting solution for her big day, she called me up to inquire about details. I thought it was kinda funny that she started out the conversation with "I see you have a lot of really cool images posted on your blog, but do you still actually do lighting?" Haha, I got a bit of a chuckle outta that actually. Soooo, here we go......

Seasons in full swing here in Palm Beach, and this weekend found us illuminating a couple of the Galas here. I took a few shots from both events as I always find them full of subjects. Almost like a kind of toy box full of photographic opportunities. Tonight's post, as well as the following images are part one of a series from one of the events. Look for part 2 tomorrow night.

At the stage door

As the guests arrived to the cloister area, the brick facade simulating a backstage door welcomed guests into what was designed (by the mastermind event designer Bruce Sutka) as a walk thru a backstage area.


More of the backstage vignettes

Backstage vignettes

Various props, cases, costumes, and details you might actually find backstage as well as 2 live actresses helped create entertaining "tableaux vivants" to help tell the story of the scene.

A peak at the room detail

After the guests completed the walk thru the theatrical scene, they were treated to a spectacular room of color and kinetic energy. Watch for images in tomorrows post as I unfold the color and details! Also check out Sutkas site for more from Bruce Sutka and his amazing teams talent.

No comments: