Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Raffles in Singapore


I am sure I have mentioned this before, but wandering around Singapore was quite a delight. Safe, clean, vibrant, and very colorful. As I was attempting to capture as much as I could in my short stay there, this was a plus. After our work days ended, I frequently wandered for hours in a daze till the wee hours, trying to soak in all I could. I didn't know much about this hotel called The Raffles Hotel when I stumbled upon it. I still don't know much about it now either actually, other than the fact that I have many many shots to process someday from that evening. They are also known for a drink called the "Singapore Sling" (tasted like sugar cane, pineapple, coconut, and chalk to me, kinda yuccy!)

Wikipedia says this about it:
Raffles Hotel (Chinese: 莱佛士酒店) is a colonial-style hotel in Singapore, dating from 1887, and named after Singapore's founder Sir Stamford Raffles. Managed by Raffles International, it is known for its luxurious accommodation and superb restaurants. The hotel houses a tropical garden courtyard, museum and Victorian-style theatre.
Kinda nice to relive these little journeys, especially when the stress of the South Florida season kicks in. Enjoy :)

No comments: